August 21, 2008
The new buzz on FriendFeed is a site called Rejaw. Maybe it’s me but just the title of the site seems to be a bit odd to say. Sounds like a word you say after a headshot. Like “j00 g0tz r3j4w’D” or some shit like that. I’m not very keen with the big and uncrisp font. So far, I was able to fix that with AdBlock. In short, it’s basically a Twitter clone. Think of Twitter and FrendFeed if they were to combine. Actually, Rejaw is more like a FriendFeed clone since you can embed and talk in conversations.
So, just what the fuck is the big hoopla? Hell, I still don’t know. People say that Leo Laporte has lead the way to making Rejaw the new Twitter. You mean like how Identi.ca was going to be the new Twitter? Or Plurk? Even FriendFeed was called the new Twitter when Twitter started fucking up shit. People, before you claim some new site a new anything just remember that there will be another site that will be better than the last one.
The only thing I’m doing with mines is posting swear words.
I’m still new on FriendFeed. Unlike the Titanic, I’m not jumping ship. Plus I can’t swim.
So, what’s my verdict? It’s ok. Nothing about it is grand enough to make me leave my Twitter and it sure as hell not any better than Twitter. So, go and join it if you want. That’s why God made “close account”.
July 9, 2008
I will keep this letter short.
I learned from a FriendFeed post by Chris Pirillo about something you made called “Lively” in your Labs. I have not yet try it but here’s a helpful review: “I didn’t realize it was possible, but Google Lively is WORSE than Second Life. Like, astoundingly bad. Don’t try.“.
I ask you: why did you even bother? From your YouTube video, you seemed to figure out how to clone Yahoo’s Avatartown and IMVU, mix them together, and produce the digital liquid shit you made.
Please scrap that little project and PLEASE scrap Orkut. Don’t besmirch the Google name with that trash.
May 24, 2008
I assume everyone knows about Flickr and how it works so, I’ll skip to the meaty chunk, ok?
So, I signed up for another online photo community site called Zooomr (yes, three O’s). Now, i never heard of this site until i noticed Thomas Hawk had uploaded some photos. As usual, I joined it just to see what’s doing.
If you’re used to Flickr, then you’ll quickly adapt to Zooomr.
It’s the same method: upload photos and share them. The do have PRO accounts but compared to Flickr, I like it. Why?
Check-out some of these great Pro-Only features:
* Zipline Complete: Is page 1 just not enough? Zipline Complete gives you the ability to view all of your friend’s Zipline messages.
* Social Stream: Find tons of up-to-date social information from your Photos and Social Circle, all at-a-glance!
* Discover Pro: Want better exposure for your photos, Discover Pro shows the world photos from our Pro Users
* Better Support: While we help everyone as best we can, being a Pro will escalate your issues to the top of our lists.
* Ad-Free Layout: View Zooomr without the advertisements!
Most of the stuff listed here I don’t really mind but, you’re telling me I don’t have to pay for “Unlimited Photo Storage” and “Unlimited Sets/Collections”?
Already, I may switch to Zooomr for my photos.
OH! and Zoomer actually detects my Sony Handycam whereas Flickr only detects my Cybershot.
Sorry Flickr but… Zooomer is my new favorite.
April 15, 2008
I have to say, even tho WordPress.com is giving people free blog accounts (and who don’t like free shit?), I have to protest a couple of “demands”, if you want to call them that.
1. Google AdSense – Yes, this is a free service but I do question why can’t we add some Google ads. Everyone does want to make a little something, right?
2. External Codes – Ok, you can post videos and images but what can’t we embed other external scripts like Twitter, Pownce, and FriendFeed? It’s like WP is saying “Hmm… these are features people use alot but FUCK THE PEOPLE!”. In a nice way, of course.
That’s all I have to say about that.